Rapid Metro refutes charges of negligence in engineer`s death
Gurgaon: Refuting the claims of family members of an engineer, who died after an iron beam hit him at its under construction site here, Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon has said the youth died after his bike hit a labour carrying heavy girder, which fell on him leading to his death.
21-year-old Vikas Kumar died on the spot yesterday after being hit by the iron beam at DLF Phase 3 area here, police said.
Police lodged FIR for causing death due to negligence under section 304 A, Indian Penal Code against unknown officials of Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon Limited and its contractor.
No arrest has been made so far.
However, spokesperson of Rapid Metro claimed that Vikas`s motorcycle had hit one of four labourers who were carrying the heavy girder on their shoulders, resulting its fall on his head and causing his death.
"Though, it was Vikas`s fault as he had hit the labourers from backside, but the company had decided to compensate the family as per company`s policy," said the spokesperson.
Trial run of coaches was being carried out at the spot where Vikas had died and therefore, there was no chance of felling girder from the railway track, as it was being alleged by the relatives of deceased, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly