Rapist gets 10-year jail term
Hisar: A local court has sentenced a youth to ten years of jail term for raping a minor in 2012 in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Madhu Khanna Lali convicted Vinod, a resident of village Balak, for raping a Class IX girl, and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment here yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, the accused was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 56,000 and in case of default of fine amount he would further undergo imprisonment for six months.
The father of the victim had lodged a complaint with police alleging that his sixteen-year-old daughter was raped by Vinod on the night of September 2, 2012, when she was sleeping in the house.
A case was registered under section 376 (rape) of IPC after the medical examination confirmed the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu