Rapist gets 10-year jail term
Hisar: A local court has sentenced a youth to ten years of jail term for raping a minor in 2012 in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Madhu Khanna Lali convicted Vinod, a resident of village Balak, for raping a Class IX girl, and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment here yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, the accused was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 56,000 and in case of default of fine amount he would further undergo imprisonment for six months.
The father of the victim had lodged a complaint with police alleging that his sixteen-year-old daughter was raped by Vinod on the night of September 2, 2012, when she was sleeping in the house.
A case was registered under section 376 (rape) of IPC after the medical examination confirmed the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad