Rapist gets 10-year jail term
Hisar: A local court has sentenced a youth to ten years of jail term for raping a minor in 2012 in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Madhu Khanna Lali convicted Vinod, a resident of village Balak, for raping a Class IX girl, and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment here yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, the accused was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 56,000 and in case of default of fine amount he would further undergo imprisonment for six months.
The father of the victim had lodged a complaint with police alleging that his sixteen-year-old daughter was raped by Vinod on the night of September 2, 2012, when she was sleeping in the house.
A case was registered under section 376 (rape) of IPC after the medical examination confirmed the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city