Rapist gets 10-year jail term
Hisar: A local court has sentenced a youth to ten years of jail term for raping a minor in 2012 in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Madhu Khanna Lali convicted Vinod, a resident of village Balak, for raping a Class IX girl, and sentenced him to ten years of imprisonment here yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, the accused was ordered to pay a fine of Rs 56,000 and in case of default of fine amount he would further undergo imprisonment for six months.
The father of the victim had lodged a complaint with police alleging that his sixteen-year-old daughter was raped by Vinod on the night of September 2, 2012, when she was sleeping in the house.
A case was registered under section 376 (rape) of IPC after the medical examination confirmed the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu