Rathore pays Rs 9.05 lakh for fancy number plate
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, convicted of molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra, has paid the highest amount of Rs 9,05,001 for a fancy number for the new luxury car bought by him for his lawyer wife.
Rathore has paid the highest amount of Rs 9,05,001 for the fancy number `CH 01 AM 0001` for his new Mercedes which he gifted to his wife, Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA) officials said here on Wednesday.
At the RLA auction held here yesterday for the new series CH 01 AM, the highest bidder turned out to be none other than Rathore.
Rathore took the bidding to a new level by adding one rupee to each of his bids in order to outdo others.
"My wife is number one and so is the Rs 1 that I suffixed to the bids," Rathore said.
There were 18 applications for the number 0001 in the new series, officials said, adding that in the auction held in January CH 01 AL 0001 had fetched Rs 5.8 lakh.
Rathore said that he had paid the advance amount for 15 numbers.
Determined to take the fancy number for the woman who stood by him in tough times, Rathore increased the bid amount by Rs 1 for four consecutive times before clinching the number, officials said.
The former Haryana top cop, who was convicted of molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra in 1990, had served in jail from May to November 2010. He was released on bail by the Supreme Court on November 11, 2010. However, he was asked not to leave India and the case is still pending in the apex court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India