Recruitment scam: Chautala pleads to be admitted to hospital
New Delhi: Convicted in teachers recruitment scam case, former Haryana Chief Minister OP Chautala on Saturday urged a Delhi court that he be admitted to a private Gurgaon hospital for treatment while his son wants home food and clothes, besides permission to wear a gold chain.
In an application moved before Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar just days before the court is to pronounce the quantun of sentence in the case, Chautala`s counsel sought modification of the January 17 court order by which it had directed jail superintendent to consider his plea as per jail manual.
The application said that since Chautala had been suffering from various health issues, the court may specifically direct the jail authorities concerned to admit him at Medanta where he had already been undergoing treatment.
The court has now reserved its order on the plea for January 21.
Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala also sought permission for being supplied home cooked food, clothes and medicines. Ajay Chautala also pleaded the court that he be allowed to meet his family members in jail and wear a gold chain.
The court thereafter directed the jail superintendent to consider their pleas as per law.
Earlier in the day, 20 convicts advanced their arguments on sentence and pleaded leniency.
The court will now hear the arguments on sentence on behalf of the remaining 19 convicts on January 21. It has reserved its order on sentence for January 22.
On January 16, the court had held Om Prakash Chautala, Ajay Chautala and 53 others guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
They have all been held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank