Recruitment scam: Chautala pleads to be admitted to hospital
New Delhi: Convicted in teachers recruitment scam case, former Haryana Chief Minister OP Chautala on Saturday urged a Delhi court that he be admitted to a private Gurgaon hospital for treatment while his son wants home food and clothes, besides permission to wear a gold chain.
In an application moved before Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar just days before the court is to pronounce the quantun of sentence in the case, Chautala`s counsel sought modification of the January 17 court order by which it had directed jail superintendent to consider his plea as per jail manual.
The application said that since Chautala had been suffering from various health issues, the court may specifically direct the jail authorities concerned to admit him at Medanta where he had already been undergoing treatment.
The court has now reserved its order on the plea for January 21.
Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala also sought permission for being supplied home cooked food, clothes and medicines. Ajay Chautala also pleaded the court that he be allowed to meet his family members in jail and wear a gold chain.
The court thereafter directed the jail superintendent to consider their pleas as per law.
Earlier in the day, 20 convicts advanced their arguments on sentence and pleaded leniency.
The court will now hear the arguments on sentence on behalf of the remaining 19 convicts on January 21. It has reserved its order on sentence for January 22.
On January 16, the court had held Om Prakash Chautala, Ajay Chautala and 53 others guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
They have all been held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says