Regular raids, CCTVs in Gurgaon pubs and bars
Gurgaon: A team of police and district officials will conduct a thorough checking of pubs, bars and lounges in Gurgaon to ensure that `hookah` and liquor are not served to youth below the age of 25.
CCTV cameras will also be installed at all the pubs and bars to ensure that youth are not served liquor.
The team will send its report to Gurgaon Police Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner, who will take action accordingly.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Police Commissioner Alok Mittal, an official spokesman said here today.
The meeting also decided that no pub or bar will remain open after mid night.
Section 29 of Punjab Excise Act 1914 prohibits sale of liquor to persons below the age of 25 years and Section 62 of the Act provides penal provisions for violation.
In addition, all the pubs and liquor vends would be required to display a warning sign, saying "here liquor is not sold to youth under 25 years of age", similarly as it was done in case of sale of tobacco products.
Apart from the team, senior officers of police and administration would also conduct surprise checks in pubs and bars.
It was also decided that the Deputy Commissioner, who is also the District Magistrate, will issue orders under Section 144 of Cr PC 1973 for installation of CCTV cameras in pubs.
Prohibitory orders banning running of `hookah` bars in Gurgaon district were already in force.
It was decided in the meeting that the activities of pubs and bars will be monitored by senior officers of police and district administration regularly.
The food court or restaurant owners will also have to give an Undertaking to the Designate Officer cum Civil Surgeon that `hookah` will not be served to youth in their premises at the time of taking license.
It was also decided to recommend cancellation of license of the pub where liquor was being served to students recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant