Rohtak: Brothers shot dead in their house
Rohtak: Two brothers were shot dead by
unidentified assailants at their house in Kashmiri Colony in
Bahadurgarh town, located on the Delhi-Haryana border.
The incident occurred on Ballaur road, about 45 km from
here, at 9 PM last night. The deceased have been identified
as Rohit (20) and Himanshu (14), sons of Jai Narayan, who is a
government servant and posted at Jhajjar, police said on Saturday.
A property dispute is believed to be the reason behind the
killings. The assailants fled on their motor bike after the
Jai Narayana along with his two sons was watching
television in the drawing room of their house when the
doorbell rang. As Rohit opened the door, two youths wearing
helmets fire at him.
Rohit died on the spot.
On hearing the sound of gun-shots, Himanshu came out from
the room and was also targeted by the killers who then stormed
into the house and ran towards Jai Narayan but he succeeded in
The killers fled from the spot when Jai Narayana`s wife
Meera, who was in the kitchen, raised an alarm.
Himanshu had also succumbed to his injuries by that time.
Though the killers fired several rounds, the neighbours
could not hear the sound as loud music was being played at a
marriage function near the house.
The bodies were sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
A team of forensic experts also visited the spot and
"We are investigating the crime from different angles.
The exact reason behind the murders will be ascertained after
completion of the inquiry," Bahadurgarh DSP Rajeev Deswal,
Rohit was pursuing BBA from MD University here while
Himanshu was a student of a private school in Bahadurgarh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology