Rohtak: Brothers shot dead in their house
Rohtak: Two brothers were shot dead by
unidentified assailants at their house in Kashmiri Colony in
Bahadurgarh town, located on the Delhi-Haryana border.
The incident occurred on Ballaur road, about 45 km from
here, at 9 PM last night. The deceased have been identified
as Rohit (20) and Himanshu (14), sons of Jai Narayan, who is a
government servant and posted at Jhajjar, police said on Saturday.
A property dispute is believed to be the reason behind the
killings. The assailants fled on their motor bike after the
Jai Narayana along with his two sons was watching
television in the drawing room of their house when the
doorbell rang. As Rohit opened the door, two youths wearing
helmets fire at him.
Rohit died on the spot.
On hearing the sound of gun-shots, Himanshu came out from
the room and was also targeted by the killers who then stormed
into the house and ran towards Jai Narayan but he succeeded in
The killers fled from the spot when Jai Narayana`s wife
Meera, who was in the kitchen, raised an alarm.
Himanshu had also succumbed to his injuries by that time.
Though the killers fired several rounds, the neighbours
could not hear the sound as loud music was being played at a
marriage function near the house.
The bodies were sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
A team of forensic experts also visited the spot and
"We are investigating the crime from different angles.
The exact reason behind the murders will be ascertained after
completion of the inquiry," Bahadurgarh DSP Rajeev Deswal,
Rohit was pursuing BBA from MD University here while
Himanshu was a student of a private school in Bahadurgarh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof