Chandigarh: Haryana government on Thursday reinstated the driver and conductor of the roadways bus in which two college-going sisters were allegedly eve-teased by three youths, following their suspension earlier this week.
The duo - bus driver Balwan Singh and conductor Labh Singh of state owned Haryana Roadways bus with registration no-HR 69 6150 - have been reinstated with immediate effect pending departmental enquiry against the two, an official spokesman here said.
The Director General of Haryana Transport department had issued the orders to suspend the two on Monday, an official had said.
Within hours of the video of the girls thrashing three boys being highlighted on social media and news channels the suspension orders were given by Haryana Roadways General Manager, Sonipat.
The two sisters were allegedly eve-teased by three men- Kuldeep, Mohit and Deepak - in the moving bus on Rohtak- Sonipat road last Friday. The sisters had confronted three eve-teasers with one of the girls even hitting the youths with her belt, even as passengers remained mute spectators.
The three culprits were arrested on Sunday after the parents of the two girls lodged an FIR with Haryana police against the three youths informing that the molesters got down at the Kansla village in Rohtak.
The entire incident, recorded by a passenger on mobile phone, went viral both on television and social media. It showed the two girls using hand and belt to thrash the eve teasers, who appeared to be taken by surprise.
However, later four women from Aasan village who were travelling in the same bus gave an affidavit in Sadar police station at Rohtak claiming that the boys were not involved in molestation of the sisters.