‘Rohtak-Jhajjar-Rewari rail line to be inaugurated
Rohtak: The Rohtak-Jhajjar-Rewari railway line to be inaugurated on Tuesday at Rewari will act as a link between Chandigarh and Jaipur.
It will be the first railway line to be made functional after a gap of 33 years in Haryana, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said today.
Hooda expressed hope that the new railway line between Rewari and Rohtak would usher in a new industrial revolution as industrial estates would come up along this railway line.
The Chief Minister said he had raised the demand for this railway as an MP in 1991.
"Thereafter, the proposal for the same was sent to the Planning Commission in 1996...Now this long standing demand of the people of the State has been fulfilled," he said, adding that he would board the first train on this railway line from Rewari tomorrow.
He told reporters that the project has cost Rs 602 crore, half of which has been borne by the state government.
When asked to comment on the loss being suffered by farmers due to prevailing intense cold weather, Hooda said this weather would be beneficial for wheat crops and added that last year the state government has got frost included in the list of natural calamities.
"If the crops of the farmers suffer any damage due to frost, the government would get a special survey conducted to compensate them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read