Rohtak PGIMS to be upgraded
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Tuesday said that the Post Graduate Institute of
Medical Sciences at Rohtak will be made a world-class
"We shall provide every possible support in making it a
centre of national importance", Hooda said, while speaking at
the third Winter Symposium on "Molecular Medicine at
Translational Crossroads" in Rohtak today, an official
spokesman said here.
Expressing pleasure over setting up of the much needed
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine at PGIMS,
he said that this inter-disciplinary research, training and
academic centre would help in strengthening biomedical
research to complement diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic and
The PGIMS has been ranked 11th nationally and selected
for upgradation to the AIIMS level under the Pradhan Mantri
Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
He said that the new department has incorporated in its
mandate, the task of disseminating biotechnology education
to schools in the state. The department plans to set up a
Biotechnology Learning Centre to fulfill this objective.
There is need for continued research and services of
specialist doctors to successfully meet these challenges, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves