Rs 100 cr spent on purchasing dual desks in Haryana: Bhukkal
Jhajjar (Har): The Haryana government has spent more than Rs 100 crore on purchasing dual desks for the government schools in the state.
"The dual desks would soon be supplied to the government schools in the state as an order for their purchase has already been placed," state Education minister Geeta Bhukkal told reporters here .
Bhukkal said that better facilities were being provided in the government schools under the Chief Minister School Beautification Incentive Awards Scheme.
A plan has been prepared to provide computer education to the children through service providers, she said.
The minister said that the Right to Education Act was being implemented effectively in the state and efforts were being made so that no child remains deprived of education.
She also issued directions to the District Education Officers, District Elementary Education Officers and other concerned officers to regularly monitor functioning of schools in their jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what