Rs 100 cr spent on purchasing dual desks in Haryana: Bhukkal
Jhajjar (Har): The Haryana government has spent more than Rs 100 crore on purchasing dual desks for the government schools in the state.
"The dual desks would soon be supplied to the government schools in the state as an order for their purchase has already been placed," state Education minister Geeta Bhukkal told reporters here .
Bhukkal said that better facilities were being provided in the government schools under the Chief Minister School Beautification Incentive Awards Scheme.
A plan has been prepared to provide computer education to the children through service providers, she said.
The minister said that the Right to Education Act was being implemented effectively in the state and efforts were being made so that no child remains deprived of education.
She also issued directions to the District Education Officers, District Elementary Education Officers and other concerned officers to regularly monitor functioning of schools in their jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai