Rs 100.47 cr project for Rewari to provide water supply: Minister
Chandigarh: Proposal for a project worth over Rs 100 crore to provide canal-based water supply in Rewari district of Haryana will soon be submitted to the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), state
Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said on Saturday.
"We have proposed a project entailing outlay of Rs 100.47 crore to start nine canal-based water supply schemes in Rewari district with the assistance of NABARD," she told reporters here today.
Stating that there was an acute shortage of drinking water in Rewari district, she said the project would cover 42 villages in the district to ensure sustainable source of potable water to the people.
Under this project, NABARD will provide financial assistance of Rs 85.40 crore under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund while the rest will be contributed by the state.
Besides, the state would also seek funds from the Centre to construct check dams in Aravali foot hills in the wake of the declining water table in Mohindergarh district.
The minister said field officers of the Public Health Engineering Department have been directed to assess stress on the ground water table and frame schemes for sustainability of ground water based drinking water schemes by way of construction of check dams and recharge wells.
She said she was in touch with the Rural Development Ministry and Central Water Resources Ministry to seek funds in this regard.
The minister also announced that the government has decided to invite tenders worth over Rs 5 lakh through the e-tendering process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them