Rs 1.6 crore looted from cash van on Punjab-Haryana border
Chandigarh: Four armed robbers, impersonating as Punjab Police personnel, looted Rs 1.6 crore from a cash van on Baddi-Chandigarh road near Punjab-Haryana border on Monday.
The robbers, wearing police uniforms, stopped the cash van and looted the money to be delivered to a private bank, Panchkula`s Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashwin Shenvi told PTI over phone.
"The miscreants stopped the vehicle under the garb of checking it. They threw chilli powder in the eyes of the driver and the guard of the vehicle, overpowered them and escaped with the booty," the DCP said.
A case had been registered and further investigations are on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report