Rs 3.20 lakh looted at gunpoint from PNB
Hisar: Three armed motorcycle-borne youths on Tuesday looted Rs 3.20 lakh from the Kaimri branch of Punjab National Bank (PNB) near here and injured the bank manager before eloping with the money, police said.
The robbers entered the bank this afternoon and threatened the branch manager Subhash Sikri at gunpoint to hand over the keys of the cash box, they said.
However, when the latter refused to comply, one of them fired at him.
The injured bank manager has been admitted to a private hospital here, where his condition is stated to be stable, they said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video