Rs 3.20 lakh looted at gunpoint from PNB
Hisar: Three armed motorcycle-borne youths on Tuesday looted Rs 3.20 lakh from the Kaimri branch of Punjab National Bank (PNB) near here and injured the bank manager before eloping with the money, police said.
The robbers entered the bank this afternoon and threatened the branch manager Subhash Sikri at gunpoint to hand over the keys of the cash box, they said.
However, when the latter refused to comply, one of them fired at him.
The injured bank manager has been admitted to a private hospital here, where his condition is stated to be stable, they said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list