Ruchika case: Rathore complains of chest pain, breathlessness
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore,
serving an 18-month sentence in Ruchika Girhotra molestation
case and lodged at Burail jail here, complained of chest pain
and breathlessness on Saturday, official sources said.
"Rathore complained of breathlessness and some discomfort
in the chest this evening. We had summoned a medical team from
Sector 16 government hospital. He will be taken to PGIMER,"
DIG (Prisons) N S Randhawa told agency here tonight.
Asked if 68-year-old Rathore’s condition was stable,
Randhawa said, "we will be taking him to PGIMER and doctors
there will be in a better position to tell."
He said Rathore was reluctant to be taken to PGIMER, but
the jail authorities were trying to convince him to have him
The former top cop had two years back undergone a heart
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had yesterday
deferred the pronouncement of the verdict on his revision
petition in the molestation case to June 29.
Rathore?s lawyer-wife Abha Rathore had filed the
petition seeking suspension of the 18-month sentence on his
behalf in the High Court on May 26, a day after he was
sentenced and lodged in the high-security Burail jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city