Ruchika case: Rathore`s counsel concludes arguments
Chandigarh: Former Haryana top cop S P S
Rathore`s counsel Monday concluded her arguments before a local
court hearing three pleas relating to the conviction of the
ex-DGP for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
"Rathore`s counsel concluded her rebuttal arguments
after the CBI on Saturday argued on presentation of evidence
before the court," Ruchika`s family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj
told reporters here.
Rathore, 68, awarded six-month imprisonment by a CBI
court for molesting the girl, had challenged his conviction
before a Sessions court.
The CBI and relatives of budding tennis player Ruchika,
who later committed suicide, had also filed petitions seeking
enhancement of sentence for Rathore.
Additional District Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh is
hearing the three pleas on a day-to-day basis. The proceedings
are held in-camera.
The CBI had sought maximum punishment of two years for
Rathore, said Bhardwaj who will argue before the Sessions
Rathore`s counsel had completed their arguments last
Anand Parkash, father of Aradhna, the sole witness in
the molestation incident, was present in the court.
The former DGP was sentenced to six-month imprisonment
on December 21 last by CBI Judge J S Sidhu for molesting
Ruchika at Panchkula in Haryana on August 12, 1990.
Three years after her molestation Ruchika had committed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened