Ruchika family lawyer wanted in 2007 cheating case
Chandigarh: Trouble is brewing for Ruchika Girhotra family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj as a Punjab police team visited his residence here to arrest him in connection with a 2007 case of cheating and forgery in Amritsar.
The police team from Amritsar had descended at his
residence yesterday to arrest him but failed to trace him,
police said today.
The case pertains to land owned by Amritsar
Improvement Trust, which was allegedly transferred in the name
of a company in which Bhardwaj was one of the directors, they
It is alleged that the land was transferred through
forged documents following which the Trust and a Gurgaon-based firm filed a complaint of cheating in 2007.
On the recent directions of the Punjab and Haryana
High Court, Amritsar police took action against about two
dozen accused by presenting a chargesheet in the Amritsar
Bhardwaj`s aide had yesterday told the court hearing the bail application of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore in the Ruchika molestation case that the lawyer was indisposed following which the vacation bench of Justice Ajay Tewrai
deferred the matter till today.
Bharadwaj could not be contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!