Ruchika family lawyer wanted in 2007 cheating case
Chandigarh: Trouble is brewing for Ruchika Girhotra family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj as a Punjab police team visited his residence here to arrest him in connection with a 2007 case of cheating and forgery in Amritsar.
The police team from Amritsar had descended at his
residence yesterday to arrest him but failed to trace him,
police said today.
The case pertains to land owned by Amritsar
Improvement Trust, which was allegedly transferred in the name
of a company in which Bhardwaj was one of the directors, they
It is alleged that the land was transferred through
forged documents following which the Trust and a Gurgaon-based firm filed a complaint of cheating in 2007.
On the recent directions of the Punjab and Haryana
High Court, Amritsar police took action against about two
dozen accused by presenting a chargesheet in the Amritsar
Bhardwaj`s aide had yesterday told the court hearing the bail application of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore in the Ruchika molestation case that the lawyer was indisposed following which the vacation bench of Justice Ajay Tewrai
deferred the matter till today.
Bharadwaj could not be contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH