Ruchika`s father seeks copy of CBI closure report
Ambala: Molestation victim Ruchika`s father
SC Girhotra THursday made an appearance in a special CBI court here and sought a copy of the investigating agency`s closure
report filed recently in two of the three fresh cases against
former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore.
Making an appearance before Special Magistrate for CBI
cases Abdul Majid in response to a notice, Girhotra filed two
applications, one for himself and the other on behalf of his
son Ashu Girhotra asking for a copy of the CBI`s closure
report in these cases.
Special Magistrate for CBI cases Abdul Majid handed a
copy of the closure report to Girhotra but set December 23 to
hear his plea on behalf of his son seeking the same document.
Ruchika`s brother Ashu could not appear in the court as
he was sick.
The CBI in its closure report had said that the
allegations could not be substantiated as per documentary
evidence and oral testimony of witnesses.
CBI had recently filed two closure reports in the
Special CBI court in Ambala in two of the three fresh cases
registered against Rathore in connection with the Ruchika
The two cases in which closure reports have been filed by
the CBI are related to the accusation against Rathore that he
had doctored Ruchika`s postmortem report and was behind the
custodial torture of her brother Ashu. However, the probe into
the abetment to suicide charge is still on.
SC Girhotra had alleged in his complaint to the police
that after his daughter consumed poison on December 28, 1993,
three years after she was molested by Rathore, he was forced
by the former police chief to take her to PGI at Chandigarh
where during the post mortem, the Magistrate was not summoned
by the police.
Ashu Girhotra in his complaint had alleged that a false
case of auto theft was slapped on him at the behest of
Talking to media persons outside the court complex, SC
Girhotra said he faced a threat of life from Rathore, who was
recently released from Chandigarh`s Burail jail after being
granted bail by the Supreme Court and should be provided
Anand Prakash, the father of Aradhna, who was the
sole eyewitness in the molestation incident in August 1990,
even accused the CBI of shielding Rathore.
He alleged that CBI had filed the closure reports so that
Rathore could get bail from the Apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016