Sarpanch murder: HC refuses anticipatory bail to Haryana MLAs
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday dismissed anticipatory bail petitions of Haryana MLAs O P Jain and Zile Ram Sharma in the Karnal sarpanch murder case and directed them to appear before the special CBI court within a week.
The high court today said the duo could file regular bail petitions after appearing before the CBI court in Panchkula.
Two days ago, the court reserved its order on the pleas and stayed their arrest till pronouncement of further orders.
The CBI court rejected Jain`s bail petition on August 21 and issued non-bailable warrants against him and Sharma when they failed to appear before the court on August 30.
The case pertains to the death of Karam Singh (60), a former sarpanch of Kambopura village in Karnal, on June 7, 2011.
Though an FIR was registered on the same day under sections 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, the special investigating team (SIT) later ruled out murder, claiming that it was a case of suicide.
The high court ordered handing over the case to CBI on August 30 last year, while hearing a petition of Karam Singh`s son Rajender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH