Sarpanch murder: HC refuses anticipatory bail to Haryana MLAs
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Thursday dismissed anticipatory bail petitions of Haryana MLAs O P Jain and Zile Ram Sharma in the Karnal sarpanch murder case and directed them to appear before the special CBI court within a week.
The high court today said the duo could file regular bail petitions after appearing before the CBI court in Panchkula.
Two days ago, the court reserved its order on the pleas and stayed their arrest till pronouncement of further orders.
The CBI court rejected Jain`s bail petition on August 21 and issued non-bailable warrants against him and Sharma when they failed to appear before the court on August 30.
The case pertains to the death of Karam Singh (60), a former sarpanch of Kambopura village in Karnal, on June 7, 2011.
Though an FIR was registered on the same day under sections 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, the special investigating team (SIT) later ruled out murder, claiming that it was a case of suicide.
The high court ordered handing over the case to CBI on August 30 last year, while hearing a petition of Karam Singh`s son Rajender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Youths struck by lightening: Cause of death not ascertained
- Anti-EU campaigner Nigel Farage urges `Brexit government`
- Action will be taken in South Sudan incident: UN peacekeeping chief
- Brexit impact: European markets suffer heavy sell-off; London stocks tank over 8%
- Fans slam Ben Affleck for abuse-laden rant