Sarpanch suicide: CBI court issues NBWs against 2 Haryana MLAs
Chandigarh: A special CBI court in Panchkula on Thursday issued non-bailable warrants (NBW) against two Haryana MLAs and a third person in connection with an abetment to suicide case.
MLAs OP Jain and Zile Ram Sharma are facing charges along with the former`s personal assistant, Rajinder, of allegedly abetting the suicide of sarpanch Karam Singh in Karnal district in 2011.
"The court had issued summons to them but... Those could not be served. As a result the trio were absent today, and the court served NBWs against them," counsel for the accused Vishal Garg Narwana said, adding that they would file an appeal for interim bail.
The next date for hearing in the case has been fixed for October 3.
While Jain is a former state transport minister and an independent MLA from Panipat (Rural), Zile Ram is the Congress MLA from Assandh who has formerly served as the Chief Parliamentary Secretary.
The complaint was filed by the deceased`s son Rajinder Singh who alleged that the two MLAs used to take money on the pretext of providing government jobs to people, but when his father sent applicants to them, none got jobs despite giving money.
The legislators allegedly refused to refund the money upon being unable to keep their part of the arrangement, Rajinder has alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...