School looking into reasons for Ruchika`s expulsion
Chandigarh: The convent school, of which
Ruchika Girhotra was an alumna, on Wednesday said it was trying to
ascertain whether she was expelled from the institution under
pressure or was withdrawn by her family after the molestation
"We are trying to ascertain whether she was expelled or
withdrawn by her family from the school," Father Thomas, a
spokesman of the Sacred Heart School, told reporters here.
The school, located in the Union Territory, allegedly
expelled teenager Ruchika, a budding tennis player who was
molested by top cop S P S Rathore in 1990.
Terming the molestation incident and her subsequent
suicide as unfortunate, Father Thomas said the school would
fully cooperate with the Chandigarh administration which had
ordered a probe into the causes that led to her expulsion from
"I do not believe that the school would have expelled
her due to any pressure," he said.
An SDM visited the school today in connection with the
probe and took into possession some documents, official
Madhu Parkash, mother of Aradhana, a friend of Ruchika,
who has been vigorously pursuing the molestation case, had
filed a complaint before the Chandigarh Administration
alleging harassment of the girl by the school authorities.
Rathore`s daughter was also a student of the same class
in which Ruchika studied.
Rathore a 1965 batch IPS officer of Haryana, who retired
in 2002, was awarded a six-months jail term by a CBI court
here last week for molesting Ruchika when he was the IGP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?