SDM arrested in corruption case
Narnaul: Sub-Divisional Magistrate,
Tosham, Satbir Singh Janghu was arrested on Wednesday by a team of
State Vigilance Bureau for his alleged involvement in a
Janghu was arrested from Tosham by a VB team headed by
DSP Virender Singh.
The case, registered in August, 2010, relates to the
period when the accused, an HCS Officer of 2003 batch, was
posted as SDM at Mahendragarh, a VB official said.
A complaint was received by the Vigilance Bureau from
Pardeep, resident of district Bhiwani who stated that he was
being allegedly harassed to pay bribe for plying his dumper
truck from Rajasthan to Haryana.
The vehicle was stopped time and again by Dharamvir,
reader to SDM, Mahendragarh who used to allegedly collect
bribe from drivers of vehicles and issue challan if the
money was not paid.
Dharamvir was using SDM`s official vehicle and blank
challan book carrying signatures of Janghu.
The complainant was asked to give Rs 7,000 and pay the
amount to one Raj Kumar at a way bridge.
Taking action on this complaint, a Vigilance Bureau team
accompanied by Surjit Singh, City Magistrate, Narnaul as Duty
Magistrate had laid a trap and arrested Raj Kumar red-handed
while accepting the money.
During investigations, Raj Kumar admitted of being
conduit for receipt of money on behalf of Dharamvir, reader to
Later, Dharamvir had surrendered in a Court and confessed
during questioning by the Investigating Officer that he used
to pass on the entire ill-gotton money to Janghu, then posted
as SDM of Mahendergarh.
The SDM later used to give a part of such money to him
for his efforts, the VB official said.
Janghu had also approached Punjab and Haryana High Court
for anticipatory bail. However, his petition was dismissed by
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow