Selja blames Haryana Cong leaders for bypoll defea
Chandigarh: Union minister Kumari Selja on Friday hit back at Haryana Congress leaders who had blamed her for the party`s debacle in Hisar Lok Sabha bye-elections, saying those at the helm should have carried everybody along.
"They (Haryana Congress leaders) are free to do that....but I would like to say that they should first look at themselves," she said here.
Selja was responding to charges levelled by some Haryana Congress leaders accusing her and two other party leaders - Rajya Sabha member Birender Singh and Haryana minister Kiran Chaudhary - for defeat of party candidate Jai Prakash in the by-poll last month.
"Those who are at the helm (of affairs) should have carried everybody along," she said.
Her comments came against the backdrop of the Haryana Congress adopting a resolution at its general body meeting on October 21 seeking disciplinary action against all those who had "sabotaged" the party`s interest in the Hisar by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents