Selja blames Haryana Cong leaders for bypoll defea
Chandigarh: Union minister Kumari Selja on Friday hit back at Haryana Congress leaders who had blamed her for the party`s debacle in Hisar Lok Sabha bye-elections, saying those at the helm should have carried everybody along.
"They (Haryana Congress leaders) are free to do that....but I would like to say that they should first look at themselves," she said here.
Selja was responding to charges levelled by some Haryana Congress leaders accusing her and two other party leaders - Rajya Sabha member Birender Singh and Haryana minister Kiran Chaudhary - for defeat of party candidate Jai Prakash in the by-poll last month.
"Those who are at the helm (of affairs) should have carried everybody along," she said.
Her comments came against the backdrop of the Haryana Congress adopting a resolution at its general body meeting on October 21 seeking disciplinary action against all those who had "sabotaged" the party`s interest in the Hisar by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read