Selja blames Haryana Cong leaders for bypoll defea
Chandigarh: Union minister Kumari Selja on Friday hit back at Haryana Congress leaders who had blamed her for the party`s debacle in Hisar Lok Sabha bye-elections, saying those at the helm should have carried everybody along.
"They (Haryana Congress leaders) are free to do that....but I would like to say that they should first look at themselves," she said here.
Selja was responding to charges levelled by some Haryana Congress leaders accusing her and two other party leaders - Rajya Sabha member Birender Singh and Haryana minister Kiran Chaudhary - for defeat of party candidate Jai Prakash in the by-poll last month.
"Those who are at the helm (of affairs) should have carried everybody along," she said.
Her comments came against the backdrop of the Haryana Congress adopting a resolution at its general body meeting on October 21 seeking disciplinary action against all those who had "sabotaged" the party`s interest in the Hisar by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama