Selja blames Haryana Cong leaders for bypoll defea
Chandigarh: Union minister Kumari Selja on Friday hit back at Haryana Congress leaders who had blamed her for the party`s debacle in Hisar Lok Sabha bye-elections, saying those at the helm should have carried everybody along.
"They (Haryana Congress leaders) are free to do that....but I would like to say that they should first look at themselves," she said here.
Selja was responding to charges levelled by some Haryana Congress leaders accusing her and two other party leaders - Rajya Sabha member Birender Singh and Haryana minister Kiran Chaudhary - for defeat of party candidate Jai Prakash in the by-poll last month.
"Those who are at the helm (of affairs) should have carried everybody along," she said.
Her comments came against the backdrop of the Haryana Congress adopting a resolution at its general body meeting on October 21 seeking disciplinary action against all those who had "sabotaged" the party`s interest in the Hisar by-poll.
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today