Senior Haryana govt law officer arrested for molesting woman
Jaipur: A senior Haryana government law
officer has been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman at
a hotel here, police said Wednesday.
Haryana government`s Assistant Advocate General Sanjiv
Kadia was arrested on charges of molesting a woman at a hotel
here late last night, a senior policeman said.
Posing as CBI sleuths, Kadia and his two colleagues
forcibly entered a room occupied by a man and his fiancee in
the hotel, Jaipur Inspector General of Police B L Soni said.
Kadia allegedly molested the woman and even tore her
clothes, the IGP said.
Kadia also asked the couple to go to the nearest
police station for verification and investigation.
The couple tried to convince Kadia that they belonged
to Khetari in Rajasthan and had come in connection with some
official work, but he took the woman to a separate room for
`interrogation` and frisking and allegedly molested her, the
IGP said quoting the FIR lodged by the victim.
Police is also interrogating Kadia`s two colleagues
Sukhvir Poonia and Bhanwarlal Jat and their involvement in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms