Senior Haryana govt law officer arrested for molesting woman
Jaipur: A senior Haryana government law
officer has been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman at
a hotel here, police said Wednesday.
Haryana government`s Assistant Advocate General Sanjiv
Kadia was arrested on charges of molesting a woman at a hotel
here late last night, a senior policeman said.
Posing as CBI sleuths, Kadia and his two colleagues
forcibly entered a room occupied by a man and his fiancee in
the hotel, Jaipur Inspector General of Police B L Soni said.
Kadia allegedly molested the woman and even tore her
clothes, the IGP said.
Kadia also asked the couple to go to the nearest
police station for verification and investigation.
The couple tried to convince Kadia that they belonged
to Khetari in Rajasthan and had come in connection with some
official work, but he took the woman to a separate room for
`interrogation` and frisking and allegedly molested her, the
IGP said quoting the FIR lodged by the victim.
Police is also interrogating Kadia`s two colleagues
Sukhvir Poonia and Bhanwarlal Jat and their involvement in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!