Senior Haryana IAS officer dies after falling down stairs
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Harbaksh Singh died of head injuries sustained while falling down the stairs of his Sector 15 home in Gurgaon town, adjoining New Delhi, early Wednesday, a doctor said.
Harbaksh Singh sustained head injuries in the fall, and was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Harbaksh Singh, 56, was additional chief secretary and in-charge of the renewable energy department.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the sudden demise of Harbaksh Singh.
"In his death, the state government has been deprived of the services of a dedicated senior IAS officer," Hooda said in a statement here.
Hooda conveyed his condolences to Harbaksh Singh`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?