Senior Haryana IAS officer dies after falling down stairs
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Harbaksh Singh died of head injuries sustained while falling down the stairs of his Sector 15 home in Gurgaon town, adjoining New Delhi, early Wednesday, a doctor said.
Harbaksh Singh sustained head injuries in the fall, and was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Harbaksh Singh, 56, was additional chief secretary and in-charge of the renewable energy department.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the sudden demise of Harbaksh Singh.
"In his death, the state government has been deprived of the services of a dedicated senior IAS officer," Hooda said in a statement here.
Hooda conveyed his condolences to Harbaksh Singh`s family.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad