Senior Haryana IAS officer dies after falling down stairs
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Harbaksh Singh died of head injuries sustained while falling down the stairs of his Sector 15 home in Gurgaon town, adjoining New Delhi, early Wednesday, a doctor said.
Harbaksh Singh sustained head injuries in the fall, and was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Harbaksh Singh, 56, was additional chief secretary and in-charge of the renewable energy department.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the sudden demise of Harbaksh Singh.
"In his death, the state government has been deprived of the services of a dedicated senior IAS officer," Hooda said in a statement here.
Hooda conveyed his condolences to Harbaksh Singh`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why