Senior Haryana IAS officer dies after falling down stairs
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Harbaksh Singh died of head injuries sustained while falling down the stairs of his Sector 15 home in Gurgaon town, adjoining New Delhi, early Wednesday, a doctor said.
Harbaksh Singh sustained head injuries in the fall, and was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Harbaksh Singh, 56, was additional chief secretary and in-charge of the renewable energy department.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the sudden demise of Harbaksh Singh.
"In his death, the state government has been deprived of the services of a dedicated senior IAS officer," Hooda said in a statement here.
Hooda conveyed his condolences to Harbaksh Singh`s family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended