Senior Haryana IAS officer dies after falling down stairs
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Harbaksh Singh died of head injuries sustained while falling down the stairs of his Sector 15 home in Gurgaon town, adjoining New Delhi, early Wednesday, a doctor said.
Harbaksh Singh sustained head injuries in the fall, and was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A 1981-batch IAS officer, Harbaksh Singh, 56, was additional chief secretary and in-charge of the renewable energy department.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the sudden demise of Harbaksh Singh.
"In his death, the state government has been deprived of the services of a dedicated senior IAS officer," Hooda said in a statement here.
Hooda conveyed his condolences to Harbaksh Singh`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post