Seven booked for rape, wrongful confinement in Haryana
Bhiwani: Seven persons were booked on Sunday for allegedly confining a woman of Jamalpur village in the district for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman, who along with her two-year-old baby had gone to visit her mother at Bhiwani eight months ago, was waiting at the bus stop when she was abducted by the car-borne accused, they said.
The victim was brought to Jaipur where she was repeatedly raped by them.
However, two days ago, she managed to fled from their clutches and reported the matter to police.
A case has been registered against the absconding accused while the further probes are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing