Seven booked for rape, wrongful confinement in Haryana
Bhiwani: Seven persons were booked on Sunday for allegedly confining a woman of Jamalpur village in the district for several months and raping her repeatedly during the period, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the victim, the woman, who along with her two-year-old baby had gone to visit her mother at Bhiwani eight months ago, was waiting at the bus stop when she was abducted by the car-borne accused, they said.
The victim was brought to Jaipur where she was repeatedly raped by them.
However, two days ago, she managed to fled from their clutches and reported the matter to police.
A case has been registered against the absconding accused while the further probes are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez