Severed head, limbs of murdered Dalit girl found
Rewari: The body of a 13-year-old Dalit girl, kidnapped on October 20, was found with severed head and limbs, which were recovered from different areas of Khedi village of Mahendergarh district.
The torso of the girl was found on October 24 and a day later her severed arms were recovered, according to police.
Her head was found today in the Ateli area, about 50 kms from here, they said, adding the minor`s post mortem was conducted at PGIMS, Rohtak.
The Class VII student was kidnapped by unidentified persons on October 20 and four days later her torso was found, triggering protests by the family members and villagers.
Seeking a high-level probe into the matter and the arrest of assailants, irate villagers blockade on the Ateli-Behror road yesterday and continued with the protest today.
The protest was called off following a request of DSP Jaipal Singh, who assured of a speedy action into the matter.
A case of murder was registered and probe initiated into the matter, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan