SGPC yet to respond to demand of separate committee in Haryana
Patiala: A Rajya Sabha member from
Haryana on Friday said the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not yet responded to the demand for a separate Gurdwara body in his state.
Meetings were held in past with the SGPC and it was
agreed that a regional body be created which would function
under SGPC, independent Rajya Sabha member Tarlochan Singh
Singh, who was here to attend the meeting in Punjabi
University, said he has acted as mediator between the SGPC and
the community representatives to reach a consensus on the
"I am representing Haryana in Rajya Sabha and it is my
duty to achieve the amicable solution," the Sikh MP said.
He said it was also agreed that all 12 SGPC members
from Haryana will have independent powers to take decision on
Gurdwaras in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II