SGPC yet to respond to demand of separate committee in Haryana
Patiala: A Rajya Sabha member from
Haryana on Friday said the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not yet responded to the demand for a separate Gurdwara body in his state.
Meetings were held in past with the SGPC and it was
agreed that a regional body be created which would function
under SGPC, independent Rajya Sabha member Tarlochan Singh
Singh, who was here to attend the meeting in Punjabi
University, said he has acted as mediator between the SGPC and
the community representatives to reach a consensus on the
"I am representing Haryana in Rajya Sabha and it is my
duty to achieve the amicable solution," the Sikh MP said.
He said it was also agreed that all 12 SGPC members
from Haryana will have independent powers to take decision on
Gurdwaras in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday