SGPC yet to respond to demand of separate committee in Haryana
Patiala: A Rajya Sabha member from
Haryana on Friday said the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not yet responded to the demand for a separate Gurdwara body in his state.
Meetings were held in past with the SGPC and it was
agreed that a regional body be created which would function
under SGPC, independent Rajya Sabha member Tarlochan Singh
Singh, who was here to attend the meeting in Punjabi
University, said he has acted as mediator between the SGPC and
the community representatives to reach a consensus on the
"I am representing Haryana in Rajya Sabha and it is my
duty to achieve the amicable solution," the Sikh MP said.
He said it was also agreed that all 12 SGPC members
from Haryana will have independent powers to take decision on
Gurdwaras in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!