SGPC yet to respond to demand of separate committee in Haryana
Patiala: A Rajya Sabha member from
Haryana on Friday said the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not yet responded to the demand for a separate Gurdwara body in his state.
Meetings were held in past with the SGPC and it was
agreed that a regional body be created which would function
under SGPC, independent Rajya Sabha member Tarlochan Singh
Singh, who was here to attend the meeting in Punjabi
University, said he has acted as mediator between the SGPC and
the community representatives to reach a consensus on the
"I am representing Haryana in Rajya Sabha and it is my
duty to achieve the amicable solution," the Sikh MP said.
He said it was also agreed that all 12 SGPC members
from Haryana will have independent powers to take decision on
Gurdwaras in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon