SGPC yet to respond to demand of separate committee in Haryana
Patiala: A Rajya Sabha member from
Haryana on Friday said the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not yet responded to the demand for a separate Gurdwara body in his state.
Meetings were held in past with the SGPC and it was
agreed that a regional body be created which would function
under SGPC, independent Rajya Sabha member Tarlochan Singh
Singh, who was here to attend the meeting in Punjabi
University, said he has acted as mediator between the SGPC and
the community representatives to reach a consensus on the
"I am representing Haryana in Rajya Sabha and it is my
duty to achieve the amicable solution," the Sikh MP said.
He said it was also agreed that all 12 SGPC members
from Haryana will have independent powers to take decision on
Gurdwaras in Haryana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living