Show cause notice to Congress candidate Ashok Tanwar on comments made by wife
Chandigarh: A show cause notice has been issued to Haryana Congress Chief and party nominee from Sirsa Ashok Tanwar on certain comments made by his wife relating to the Deputy Commissioner while campaigning for her husband.
As per the notice issued by the Returning Officer of Sirsa LS constituency yesterday, Avantika Tanwar, wife of Ashok Tanwar, was reported to have said at a public meeting "naya wala DC darta hai, ab aapke kaam honge." (The new DC - Deputy Commissioner of Sirsa - is afraid, now your works will be done.)
The Deputy Commissioner of Sirsa is also the Returning Officer for the April 10 Lok Sabha election to the Sirsa constituency in Haryana.
The show cause notice said that as per media reports Avantika "uttered these words at village Surtia while interacting with the public in connection with the election campaign."
"You are aware that Model Code of Conduct for the General Elections to Lok Sabha 2014 is in force and uttering such words especially against the Returning Officer/ Deputy Commissioner during election campaign is clear violation of Model Code of Conduct," the notice said.
Tanwar, who is seeking re-election from Sirsa, has been asked to explain his position within 24 hours of the receipt of this notice as to why further necessary action under the appropriate provisions of the Act should not be initiated against him for this act.
The Sirsa MP was unavailable for his comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener