Singapore`s PM visits Gurgaon
Chandigarh: Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong today visited Gurgaon and evinced interest in the industrial development of the area and future urbanisation projects.
Loong, who is leading a delegation, also met Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Gurgaon and he apprised the visiting dignitary about various developmental strides taken by the state.
The prime minister visited different places in Gurgaon and was impressed with the development that the industrial town has made, according to a Haryana Government release here.
Loong was informed about various works done for the improvement in infrastructure in Gurgaon.
The members of the delegation led by Loong were also apprised about Gurgaon-Manesar Development Plan-2031 and other development works, especially the public transport system.
The dignitary was informed that Gurgaon has already been connected with Delhi metro and in the near future metro rail service would be extended upto Manesar.
Loong expressed satisfaction over the manner in which Gurgaon was being developed and was happy to know about the future projects of the city.
Hooda informed the delegation that Haryana, despite being an agrarian state, has emerged as one of the developed industrial economies in the country.
During the last seven years, average annual growth rate of the state was 9.4 per cent and it covered only 1.3 per cent of the total area of the country.
The chief minister also apprised him about Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor project, adding that it has immense potential for investment.
Earlier, the Chief Executive Officer of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation and Managing Director, Amitabh Kant made a presentation on the project and said this 1,500 km long Corridor would pass through Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
He said that many smart cities were being developed in these six States in addition to Manesar-Bawal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr