Singapore`s PM visits Gurgaon
Chandigarh: Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong today visited Gurgaon and evinced interest in the industrial development of the area and future urbanisation projects.
Loong, who is leading a delegation, also met Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Gurgaon and he apprised the visiting dignitary about various developmental strides taken by the state.
The prime minister visited different places in Gurgaon and was impressed with the development that the industrial town has made, according to a Haryana Government release here.
Loong was informed about various works done for the improvement in infrastructure in Gurgaon.
The members of the delegation led by Loong were also apprised about Gurgaon-Manesar Development Plan-2031 and other development works, especially the public transport system.
The dignitary was informed that Gurgaon has already been connected with Delhi metro and in the near future metro rail service would be extended upto Manesar.
Loong expressed satisfaction over the manner in which Gurgaon was being developed and was happy to know about the future projects of the city.
Hooda informed the delegation that Haryana, despite being an agrarian state, has emerged as one of the developed industrial economies in the country.
During the last seven years, average annual growth rate of the state was 9.4 per cent and it covered only 1.3 per cent of the total area of the country.
The chief minister also apprised him about Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor project, adding that it has immense potential for investment.
Earlier, the Chief Executive Officer of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation and Managing Director, Amitabh Kant made a presentation on the project and said this 1,500 km long Corridor would pass through Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
He said that many smart cities were being developed in these six States in addition to Manesar-Bawal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...