Single Window System started in Haryana to assist candidates
Chandigarh: A Single Window System has been started at all district headquarters to assist candidates who have filed their nomination papers for the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana in getting permission to hold rallies and public meetings.
This facility would be available in the office of Returning Officer at the concerned district headquarters, Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said here on Monday.
Walgad said that earlier candidates had to seek permission of police, Sub Divisional Magistrate and Public Works Department for holding rallies and public meetings through the Returning Officer.
"But now, instead of RO, they could take permission through Single Window System," he said.
Candidates of political parties are required to take permission for organising rallies and public meetings and in case they do not take permission it is treated as violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Walgad said that after filling nomination, a candidate is given a booklet to maintain details of election expenditure. "In case, they do not give details of the expenses, notices would be served on them," he said.
"Besides, they are directed to open a new bank account to make transactions of their election expenditure. They would be required to make the payment only through cheque and RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) from this account. The limit in cash dealing with any person, firm or organisation is up to Rs 20,000 for the candidates. All these expenditure would have to be shown by the candidate to the election observers," he said.
Polling for all the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana will be held on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter