Sit-in by unpaid Haryana expressway sub-contractors
Gurgaon: Sub-contractors, land owners and employees of the upcoming Kundli-Palwal-Manesar (KMP) Expressway in Haryana on Thursday staged a sit-in over unpaid dues near the main contractor`s site office here on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway.
They were demanding early payment of dues by main contractor DSC Limited whose office is based at Mokalwas on National Highway 8, some 60 km from Delhi.
The sub-contractors on agitation included Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav, Sunderji Construction`s Sunder Singh, Shri Ram Crane Services`s Satish Kumar and Atul Tractors` Hemraj.
Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav alleged that he had done earth work and his more than Rs 1 crore payment was pending with the company.
A cheque for Rs 15 lakh was issued on December 14, 2012, but its payment was stopped. A fresh cheque issued February 05 bounced when presented in bank, he alleged.
Sunil Nayak, spokesperson of DSC, told a news agency: "We will certainly make payments of all the sub-contractors, but a few days back they took our trucks with drivers and materials forcibly into their custody."
We have already made some payment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa