Sit-in by unpaid Haryana expressway sub-contractors
Gurgaon: Sub-contractors, land owners and employees of the upcoming Kundli-Palwal-Manesar (KMP) Expressway in Haryana on Thursday staged a sit-in over unpaid dues near the main contractor`s site office here on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway.
They were demanding early payment of dues by main contractor DSC Limited whose office is based at Mokalwas on National Highway 8, some 60 km from Delhi.
The sub-contractors on agitation included Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav, Sunderji Construction`s Sunder Singh, Shri Ram Crane Services`s Satish Kumar and Atul Tractors` Hemraj.
Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav alleged that he had done earth work and his more than Rs 1 crore payment was pending with the company.
A cheque for Rs 15 lakh was issued on December 14, 2012, but its payment was stopped. A fresh cheque issued February 05 bounced when presented in bank, he alleged.
Sunil Nayak, spokesperson of DSC, told a news agency: "We will certainly make payments of all the sub-contractors, but a few days back they took our trucks with drivers and materials forcibly into their custody."
We have already made some payment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone