Sit-in by unpaid Haryana expressway sub-contractors
Gurgaon: Sub-contractors, land owners and employees of the upcoming Kundli-Palwal-Manesar (KMP) Expressway in Haryana on Thursday staged a sit-in over unpaid dues near the main contractor`s site office here on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway.
They were demanding early payment of dues by main contractor DSC Limited whose office is based at Mokalwas on National Highway 8, some 60 km from Delhi.
The sub-contractors on agitation included Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav, Sunderji Construction`s Sunder Singh, Shri Ram Crane Services`s Satish Kumar and Atul Tractors` Hemraj.
Dharma Construction`s Dharamvir Yadav alleged that he had done earth work and his more than Rs 1 crore payment was pending with the company.
A cheque for Rs 15 lakh was issued on December 14, 2012, but its payment was stopped. A fresh cheque issued February 05 bounced when presented in bank, he alleged.
Sunil Nayak, spokesperson of DSC, told a news agency: "We will certainly make payments of all the sub-contractors, but a few days back they took our trucks with drivers and materials forcibly into their custody."
We have already made some payment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him