Siwani celebrates Arvind Kejriwal`s rise
Bhiwani: A sleepy town, Siwani was a hub of activity today as locals took out a march with brooms in their hands to celebrate the rise of the son of the soil Arvind Kejriwal, who was sworn in as Delhi Chief Minister, and burst fire crackers.
While several people from Siwani and nearby villages went to Delhi to witness Kejriwal`s oath-taking ceremony, those who stayed back broke into celebrations.
Residents of Siwani took out a march waving brooms, the AAP`s election symbol, in their hands and burst fire crackers.
While 45-year-old Kejriwal`s ancestors hailed from Kheda village of Bhiwani, the family is now based in Siwani village in the same district, over 300 km from here.
The house where Kejriwal was born was brimming with visitors who also met his father Murari Lal (78) and congratulated him on the success of his son.
As Lal was not in good health, he did not travel to Delhi to witness the oath-taking ceremony in Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan.
Lal had advised his son to adopt path of honesty and hard working.
Rajesh Kedia, who had studied with Kejriwal, said, "We are very proud of Arvind Kejriwal and entire Siwani is celebrating his success."
Kanwar Pal Singh of village Khera, where Arvind was born, hoped Kejriwal would complete his five year term.
Jitender Sardana, who runs a mobile shop, said he would invite his friend Arvind Kejriwal to Siwani soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?