Siwani celebrates Arvind Kejriwal`s rise
Bhiwani: A sleepy town, Siwani was a hub of activity today as locals took out a march with brooms in their hands to celebrate the rise of the son of the soil Arvind Kejriwal, who was sworn in as Delhi Chief Minister, and burst fire crackers.
While several people from Siwani and nearby villages went to Delhi to witness Kejriwal`s oath-taking ceremony, those who stayed back broke into celebrations.
Residents of Siwani took out a march waving brooms, the AAP`s election symbol, in their hands and burst fire crackers.
While 45-year-old Kejriwal`s ancestors hailed from Kheda village of Bhiwani, the family is now based in Siwani village in the same district, over 300 km from here.
The house where Kejriwal was born was brimming with visitors who also met his father Murari Lal (78) and congratulated him on the success of his son.
As Lal was not in good health, he did not travel to Delhi to witness the oath-taking ceremony in Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan.
Lal had advised his son to adopt path of honesty and hard working.
Rajesh Kedia, who had studied with Kejriwal, said, "We are very proud of Arvind Kejriwal and entire Siwani is celebrating his success."
Kanwar Pal Singh of village Khera, where Arvind was born, hoped Kejriwal would complete his five year term.
Jitender Sardana, who runs a mobile shop, said he would invite his friend Arvind Kejriwal to Siwani soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof