Six arrested for abducting minor on pretext of marriage
Faridabad: Six persons, including two women, were arrested on the charges of abducting a minor on the pretext of marriage, police said Monday.
The 16-year-old girl was found missing this afternoon from her house in Ballabgarh area of the district, following which her parents filed a complaint with the police.
On investigation, it was found that one Bittu, a resident of the same area, took the girl along with him on the promise of marrying her.
Five others from the same locality along with Bittu were arrested for helping him in the act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list