Six get life term in murder case in Ambala
Ambala: A local court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to six persons in connection with a murder case of 2011.
Additional Session Judge Deepak Aggarwal also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convicts Jaswinder, Mohit, Jagpreet, Tejinder, Rahul and Sandeep.
They had attacked Surya Pratap, a resident of village Babiyal, on February 9, 2011. Pratap was injured seriously in the attack and succumbed to injuries in PGI Chandigarh.
The police had registered a murder case against 8 persons, including two juveniles.
After the judge held the accused guilty, one of them, Jagpreet, escape from the court, following which an alert was sounded to nab him.
However after a few hours, Jagpreet surrendered in the court and the verdict was pronounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy