Six get life term in murder case in Ambala
Ambala: A local court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to six persons in connection with a murder case of 2011.
Additional Session Judge Deepak Aggarwal also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convicts Jaswinder, Mohit, Jagpreet, Tejinder, Rahul and Sandeep.
They had attacked Surya Pratap, a resident of village Babiyal, on February 9, 2011. Pratap was injured seriously in the attack and succumbed to injuries in PGI Chandigarh.
The police had registered a murder case against 8 persons, including two juveniles.
After the judge held the accused guilty, one of them, Jagpreet, escape from the court, following which an alert was sounded to nab him.
However after a few hours, Jagpreet surrendered in the court and the verdict was pronounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez