Six get life term in murder case in Ambala
Ambala: A local court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to six persons in connection with a murder case of 2011.
Additional Session Judge Deepak Aggarwal also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convicts Jaswinder, Mohit, Jagpreet, Tejinder, Rahul and Sandeep.
They had attacked Surya Pratap, a resident of village Babiyal, on February 9, 2011. Pratap was injured seriously in the attack and succumbed to injuries in PGI Chandigarh.
The police had registered a murder case against 8 persons, including two juveniles.
After the judge held the accused guilty, one of them, Jagpreet, escape from the court, following which an alert was sounded to nab him.
However after a few hours, Jagpreet surrendered in the court and the verdict was pronounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown