Six get life term in murder case in Ambala
Ambala: A local court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to six persons in connection with a murder case of 2011.
Additional Session Judge Deepak Aggarwal also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convicts Jaswinder, Mohit, Jagpreet, Tejinder, Rahul and Sandeep.
They had attacked Surya Pratap, a resident of village Babiyal, on February 9, 2011. Pratap was injured seriously in the attack and succumbed to injuries in PGI Chandigarh.
The police had registered a murder case against 8 persons, including two juveniles.
After the judge held the accused guilty, one of them, Jagpreet, escape from the court, following which an alert was sounded to nab him.
However after a few hours, Jagpreet surrendered in the court and the verdict was pronounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video