Six get life term in murder case in Ambala
Ambala: A local court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to six persons in connection with a murder case of 2011.
Additional Session Judge Deepak Aggarwal also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convicts Jaswinder, Mohit, Jagpreet, Tejinder, Rahul and Sandeep.
They had attacked Surya Pratap, a resident of village Babiyal, on February 9, 2011. Pratap was injured seriously in the attack and succumbed to injuries in PGI Chandigarh.
The police had registered a murder case against 8 persons, including two juveniles.
After the judge held the accused guilty, one of them, Jagpreet, escape from the court, following which an alert was sounded to nab him.
However after a few hours, Jagpreet surrendered in the court and the verdict was pronounced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users