Six held for stealing Pakistan-bound cotton
Chandigarh: Six people have been arrested in Haryana for hiding cotton bales pilfered from six trucks which were going to Pakistan, police said on Tuesday.
The arrests took place in Kalanwali area of Sirsa district.
The six were identified as Devender Singh, Guruvinder Singh, Gurmeet Singh, Jitender Singh, Nirmal Singh and Sonu. All of them were drivers of the trucks.
Police said the theft was discovered when the border officials refused to accept the delivery due to the reduced weight of the cotton bales. The stolen bales were valued at Rs 7 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP