Six held for stealing Pakistan-bound cotton
Chandigarh: Six people have been arrested in Haryana for hiding cotton bales pilfered from six trucks which were going to Pakistan, police said on Tuesday.
The arrests took place in Kalanwali area of Sirsa district.
The six were identified as Devender Singh, Guruvinder Singh, Gurmeet Singh, Jitender Singh, Nirmal Singh and Sonu. All of them were drivers of the trucks.
Police said the theft was discovered when the border officials refused to accept the delivery due to the reduced weight of the cotton bales. The stolen bales were valued at Rs 7 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today