Six held for stealing Pakistan-bound cotton
Chandigarh: Six people have been arrested in Haryana for hiding cotton bales pilfered from six trucks which were going to Pakistan, police said on Tuesday.
The arrests took place in Kalanwali area of Sirsa district.
The six were identified as Devender Singh, Guruvinder Singh, Gurmeet Singh, Jitender Singh, Nirmal Singh and Sonu. All of them were drivers of the trucks.
Police said the theft was discovered when the border officials refused to accept the delivery due to the reduced weight of the cotton bales. The stolen bales were valued at Rs 7 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA