Smart card based driving licenses in Gurgaon soon: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana government would soon
issue smart card-based driving licenses and registration
certificates in Gurgaon district on a pilot basis to eliminate
touts and provide quick, hassle free services to citizens.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here today.
The process of issuing driving licenses would be
streamlined to the extent that the citizens would be provided
learners/driving licenses within half an hour, an official
spokesman said here.
The automated system would have defined work-flow and
supported infrastructure computerised test that will eliminate
involvement of touts in procuring driving licenses.
The applicants would be given stipulated time to appear
for interview and the whole exercise would be completed within
30 minutes, the spokesperson said.
After completion of the process, the driving licenses
would be delivered by speed post at the doorstep of the
applicants, he said.
Earlier, Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd
(DIMTS) gave a presentation on providing smart card-based
driving licenses and registration certificates.
The company is a Joint Venture Company set up with equal
equity of the Government of National Capital Territory of
Delhi (GNCTD) and Infrastructure Development Finance Company
(IDFC) and has been providing the services at Delhi.
It has already issued 7.28 lakh smart card-based driving
licenses in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today