Smart card based driving licenses in Gurgaon soon: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana government would soon
issue smart card-based driving licenses and registration
certificates in Gurgaon district on a pilot basis to eliminate
touts and provide quick, hassle free services to citizens.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here today.
The process of issuing driving licenses would be
streamlined to the extent that the citizens would be provided
learners/driving licenses within half an hour, an official
spokesman said here.
The automated system would have defined work-flow and
supported infrastructure computerised test that will eliminate
involvement of touts in procuring driving licenses.
The applicants would be given stipulated time to appear
for interview and the whole exercise would be completed within
30 minutes, the spokesperson said.
After completion of the process, the driving licenses
would be delivered by speed post at the doorstep of the
applicants, he said.
Earlier, Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd
(DIMTS) gave a presentation on providing smart card-based
driving licenses and registration certificates.
The company is a Joint Venture Company set up with equal
equity of the Government of National Capital Territory of
Delhi (GNCTD) and Infrastructure Development Finance Company
(IDFC) and has been providing the services at Delhi.
It has already issued 7.28 lakh smart card-based driving
licenses in Delhi.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today