Smart card based driving licenses in Gurgaon soon: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana government would soon
issue smart card-based driving licenses and registration
certificates in Gurgaon district on a pilot basis to eliminate
touts and provide quick, hassle free services to citizens.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here today.
The process of issuing driving licenses would be
streamlined to the extent that the citizens would be provided
learners/driving licenses within half an hour, an official
spokesman said here.
The automated system would have defined work-flow and
supported infrastructure computerised test that will eliminate
involvement of touts in procuring driving licenses.
The applicants would be given stipulated time to appear
for interview and the whole exercise would be completed within
30 minutes, the spokesperson said.
After completion of the process, the driving licenses
would be delivered by speed post at the doorstep of the
applicants, he said.
Earlier, Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd
(DIMTS) gave a presentation on providing smart card-based
driving licenses and registration certificates.
The company is a Joint Venture Company set up with equal
equity of the Government of National Capital Territory of
Delhi (GNCTD) and Infrastructure Development Finance Company
(IDFC) and has been providing the services at Delhi.
It has already issued 7.28 lakh smart card-based driving
licenses in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations