Some indulging in character assassination: Hooda
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday said some people are playing politics of "character assassination" to "weaken and defame" Congress in the state.
According to a statement issued by Haryana government, Hooda also said only Congress can keep the country united.
"People very well understand that some elements are playing politics of character assassination to weaken and defame the Congress party. But the fact is that the people are very much with the Congress despite all the propaganda," Hooda said.
"People know that the Congress is the only party which can keep the country united and they know that if Congress becomes weak, the country will become weak", he said.
Hooda was addressing a meeting of Haryana Ministers, MPs, MLAs which was called to review the preparations for a forthcoming rally of UPA in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan