Someone in Haryana govt protecting Vadra: Khemka
Chandigarh: Transferred IAS officer Ashok Khemka has fired a fresh salvo against the Haryana government, saying the state government had no authority to set up an investigation body to look into his order cancelling the mutation of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra`s land in Manesar.
Khemka told CNN-IBN news channel that the Haryana government was trying to encroach upon the jurisdiction of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Khemka said IAS officers were not authorised to investigate orders passed by the DG Consolidation. Khemka was DG Consolidation before he was transferred following his order on Vadra’s land.
Khemka said he was not targeting the state government but corruption, nepotism and crony capitalism, CNN-IBN reported.
He further alleged that someone in the Haryana government was trying to cover up the matter and save Vadra.
"Some crooks in the government want to interfere by creating a committee to give it the face of a probe. Someone in the government wants to cover up and brush aside the orders I passed checking for undervaluation and cancelling the Robert Vadra-DLF mutation," Khemka said.
"Jurisdiction of the High Court is being encroached upon and usurped by creating this committee. Topmost statutory authorities in Haryana are inspector general of registration and director general land consolidation. The only recourse is to move the courts. They are not doing that, but forming a committee. IAS officers have no jurisdiction to probe orders passed by the DG Consolidation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone