Son of warden who committed suicide writes to Prez
Jind: The son of a district jail warden, who allegedly shot himself after being harassed by his seniors and colleagues last month, has written to the President demanding action against the accused and protection for his family.
Ramchander had killed himself with his service rifle at his jail residence on October 26, and in his suicide note he had alleged harassment by his senior officers and colleagues of the prison.
Ramchander`s son Vikram has written to President Pranab Mukherjee and to a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, alleging that he is being forced for to enter into a settlement with his father`s killers.
A case had been registered against those whose names had been mentioned in the suicide note, but even a month after the incident, no arrest was made, Vikram said.
He has demanded action against the accused and protection for his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad