Son of warden who committed suicide writes to Prez
Jind: The son of a district jail warden, who allegedly shot himself after being harassed by his seniors and colleagues last month, has written to the President demanding action against the accused and protection for his family.
Ramchander had killed himself with his service rifle at his jail residence on October 26, and in his suicide note he had alleged harassment by his senior officers and colleagues of the prison.
Ramchander`s son Vikram has written to President Pranab Mukherjee and to a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, alleging that he is being forced for to enter into a settlement with his father`s killers.
A case had been registered against those whose names had been mentioned in the suicide note, but even a month after the incident, no arrest was made, Vikram said.
He has demanded action against the accused and protection for his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress