Sonepat among 43 districts selected under cash transfer system
Chandigarh: Haryana`s Sonepat district has been selected as one of the 43 districts identified by the Union Government as model districts under Direct Benefit Transfer (cash transfer) System.
The concerned departments would directly transfer cash in the accounts of concerned beneficiaries of 34 schemes of the Central Government, a Haryana Government spokesman said here today.
The benefits of these schemes would be given only to those beneficiaries who would have their own bank accounts or Aadhar cards, he said.
He said directions in this regard have been issued to concerned departments to prepare a list of beneficiaries and submit the same to Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat.
The spokesman said the Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat has been directed to set up camps at educational institutes and at village and ward level for those beneficiaries who do not have their Aadhar cards or bank accounts.
This programme would be operated as per the directions of Finance Department of the Central Government, he said.
The spokesman said that for the timely implementation of this programme in Sonepat, senior accounts officer of Union Finance Ministry has given training to the concerned officers.
"With the implementation of this programme, the beneficiaries of various schemes would not only get timely payment, but it would also bring transparency and efficiency in the system," he said.
He said that under this programme, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat has been appointed as Nodal Officer, who would coordinate with the concerned officials for timely implementation of this programme.
To cover Sonepat district in a planned manner, one officer has been appointed for every five villages. At block level, concerned sub divisional officer or any other senior officer of the district has been appointed as nodal officer.
He said that out of 34 schemes, about 10 to 15 schemes have been earmarked in Sonepat. These schemes include Janani Suraksha Yojna of Health Department and various scholarship schemes for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader