Sonepat minor rape victim succumbs
Rohtak: After being critical for days, a 16-year-old Dalit girl who had set herself ablaze on being allegedly raped by her neighbour, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here Thursday.
"She had suffered over 90 per cent burn injuries and had been undergoing treatment at the PGIMS since last Friday. The victim died this morning," Dr Sushma Sood, officiating director of the PGIMS, said, adding that her condition had remained critical since her admission to the hospital.
The victim had been brought to the super specialty unit of burn and plastic surgery here, from Kharkhoda town of Sonepat about a week ago, after she had set herself ablaze at her residence.
She had poured kerosene and put herself on fire on January 11, when her parents were not at home, a few days after she had alleged that she had been raped by her neighbour in Sonepat.
In her statement before a magistrate the same day, she had alleged that she was raped by one Rakesh, her neighbour, five days back.
The Sonepat police had arrested the accused within 24 hours after registering a case of rape against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad