Sonepat minor rape victim succumbs
Rohtak: After being critical for days, a 16-year-old Dalit girl who had set herself ablaze on being allegedly raped by her neighbour, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here Thursday.
"She had suffered over 90 per cent burn injuries and had been undergoing treatment at the PGIMS since last Friday. The victim died this morning," Dr Sushma Sood, officiating director of the PGIMS, said, adding that her condition had remained critical since her admission to the hospital.
The victim had been brought to the super specialty unit of burn and plastic surgery here, from Kharkhoda town of Sonepat about a week ago, after she had set herself ablaze at her residence.
She had poured kerosene and put herself on fire on January 11, when her parents were not at home, a few days after she had alleged that she had been raped by her neighbour in Sonepat.
In her statement before a magistrate the same day, she had alleged that she was raped by one Rakesh, her neighbour, five days back.
The Sonepat police had arrested the accused within 24 hours after registering a case of rape against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love