Sonepat minor rape victim succumbs
Rohtak: After being critical for days, a 16-year-old Dalit girl who had set herself ablaze on being allegedly raped by her neighbour, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here Thursday.
"She had suffered over 90 per cent burn injuries and had been undergoing treatment at the PGIMS since last Friday. The victim died this morning," Dr Sushma Sood, officiating director of the PGIMS, said, adding that her condition had remained critical since her admission to the hospital.
The victim had been brought to the super specialty unit of burn and plastic surgery here, from Kharkhoda town of Sonepat about a week ago, after she had set herself ablaze at her residence.
She had poured kerosene and put herself on fire on January 11, when her parents were not at home, a few days after she had alleged that she had been raped by her neighbour in Sonepat.
In her statement before a magistrate the same day, she had alleged that she was raped by one Rakesh, her neighbour, five days back.
The Sonepat police had arrested the accused within 24 hours after registering a case of rape against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi