Sonepat minor rape victim succumbs
Rohtak: After being critical for days, a 16-year-old Dalit girl who had set herself ablaze on being allegedly raped by her neighbour, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here Thursday.
"She had suffered over 90 per cent burn injuries and had been undergoing treatment at the PGIMS since last Friday. The victim died this morning," Dr Sushma Sood, officiating director of the PGIMS, said, adding that her condition had remained critical since her admission to the hospital.
The victim had been brought to the super specialty unit of burn and plastic surgery here, from Kharkhoda town of Sonepat about a week ago, after she had set herself ablaze at her residence.
She had poured kerosene and put herself on fire on January 11, when her parents were not at home, a few days after she had alleged that she had been raped by her neighbour in Sonepat.
In her statement before a magistrate the same day, she had alleged that she was raped by one Rakesh, her neighbour, five days back.
The Sonepat police had arrested the accused within 24 hours after registering a case of rape against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual will help you get that perfect look!
- US soldier killed in anti-Taliban battle in Afghanistan
- Liquor ban in Delhi not practical, says Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
- Duleep Trophy: India Green v India Red - Yuvraj Singh flops; Sandeep Sharma bags 4
- Easy money is spoiling cricketers: Glenn McGrath