Sonia should have visited Haryana earlier: Chautala
Hisar: Had Congress President Sonia Gandhi visited Haryana soon after Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, whose inmates were allegedly subjected to sexual abuse, situation in the state would not have been as bad, INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala on Tuesday said.
"If Sonia Gandhi had visited Haryana after the occurrence of Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, the situation would not be as worse as now a days in the state," he told reporters here.
However, Chautala said visit of the Congress leader "was a good start", but it should have been better if she also had visited the University in Khanpur immediately, where a Dalit student was also gang-raped, Chautala said.
Expressing concern over the law and order situation in Haryana, he said women were being targeted and during the last one month as many as dozen cases of rapes were reported in the state which "shows the working of Bhupinder Singh Hooda government."
"The state is going through a critical situation and the Haryana government has failed to control the crimes. There is several times increase in cases of crime against women in the state," he said.
Chautala also alleged that acres of farmers` land in Gurgaon, Jhajjar, Mewat and other districts were given to industrialists including Robert Vadra.
"The land of these villages should be returned to the concerned farmers," he demanded.
Gandhi today visited the family of Dalit teenage girl, who immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped in Jind district on Saturday.
The Apna Ghar shelter house had landed into a controversy when a team of National Commission for Protection of Child Right (NCPCR) rescued nearly 120 people including children, girls and women from the house after carrying out a surprise raid here on May 9 night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore