Sonia should have visited Haryana earlier: Chautala
Hisar: Had Congress President Sonia Gandhi visited Haryana soon after Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, whose inmates were allegedly subjected to sexual abuse, situation in the state would not have been as bad, INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala on Tuesday said.
"If Sonia Gandhi had visited Haryana after the occurrence of Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, the situation would not be as worse as now a days in the state," he told reporters here.
However, Chautala said visit of the Congress leader "was a good start", but it should have been better if she also had visited the University in Khanpur immediately, where a Dalit student was also gang-raped, Chautala said.
Expressing concern over the law and order situation in Haryana, he said women were being targeted and during the last one month as many as dozen cases of rapes were reported in the state which "shows the working of Bhupinder Singh Hooda government."
"The state is going through a critical situation and the Haryana government has failed to control the crimes. There is several times increase in cases of crime against women in the state," he said.
Chautala also alleged that acres of farmers` land in Gurgaon, Jhajjar, Mewat and other districts were given to industrialists including Robert Vadra.
"The land of these villages should be returned to the concerned farmers," he demanded.
Gandhi today visited the family of Dalit teenage girl, who immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped in Jind district on Saturday.
The Apna Ghar shelter house had landed into a controversy when a team of National Commission for Protection of Child Right (NCPCR) rescued nearly 120 people including children, girls and women from the house after carrying out a surprise raid here on May 9 night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence