Sonia should have visited Haryana earlier: Chautala
Hisar: Had Congress President Sonia Gandhi visited Haryana soon after Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, whose inmates were allegedly subjected to sexual abuse, situation in the state would not have been as bad, INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala on Tuesday said.
"If Sonia Gandhi had visited Haryana after the occurrence of Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, the situation would not be as worse as now a days in the state," he told reporters here.
However, Chautala said visit of the Congress leader "was a good start", but it should have been better if she also had visited the University in Khanpur immediately, where a Dalit student was also gang-raped, Chautala said.
Expressing concern over the law and order situation in Haryana, he said women were being targeted and during the last one month as many as dozen cases of rapes were reported in the state which "shows the working of Bhupinder Singh Hooda government."
"The state is going through a critical situation and the Haryana government has failed to control the crimes. There is several times increase in cases of crime against women in the state," he said.
Chautala also alleged that acres of farmers` land in Gurgaon, Jhajjar, Mewat and other districts were given to industrialists including Robert Vadra.
"The land of these villages should be returned to the concerned farmers," he demanded.
Gandhi today visited the family of Dalit teenage girl, who immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped in Jind district on Saturday.
The Apna Ghar shelter house had landed into a controversy when a team of National Commission for Protection of Child Right (NCPCR) rescued nearly 120 people including children, girls and women from the house after carrying out a surprise raid here on May 9 night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price