Sonia to inaugurate medical college for women
Sonipat: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women at Khanpur Kalan in Haryana`s Sonipat district Friday.
This women medical college has been set up in government sector after a gap of 100 years as the Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi was established in 1914.
This state-of-art institute is developed at a cost of 700 crore rupees.
Haryana Health Minister, Rao Narender Singh said that Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda would preside over this function.
He said that the foundation stone of this college was laid by Sonia Gandhi on March 1, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC