Sonia to inaugurate medical college for women
Sonipat: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women at Khanpur Kalan in Haryana`s Sonipat district Friday.
This women medical college has been set up in government sector after a gap of 100 years as the Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi was established in 1914.
This state-of-art institute is developed at a cost of 700 crore rupees.
Haryana Health Minister, Rao Narender Singh said that Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda would preside over this function.
He said that the foundation stone of this college was laid by Sonia Gandhi on March 1, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown