Sonia to inaugurate medical college for women
Sonipat: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women at Khanpur Kalan in Haryana`s Sonipat district Friday.
This women medical college has been set up in government sector after a gap of 100 years as the Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi was established in 1914.
This state-of-art institute is developed at a cost of 700 crore rupees.
Haryana Health Minister, Rao Narender Singh said that Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda would preside over this function.
He said that the foundation stone of this college was laid by Sonia Gandhi on March 1, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam