Sonipat recalls licensed weapons
Sonipat (Haryana): In the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Sonipat district administration in Haryana has asked people holding licensed weapons to deposit them with the police.
District Magistrate Ajit Joshi issued the order for security reasons. An official warned of "strict action" if the order was violated.
The central government has directed that all licensed weapons in the National Capital Region -- in Delhi and neighbouring areas -- should be handed over to the police.
The weapons would be returned to the owners after the Commonwealth Games get over in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!
- Five key moments at the Democratic convention Arrived