Sonipat recalls licensed weapons
Sonipat (Haryana): In the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Sonipat district administration in Haryana has asked people holding licensed weapons to deposit them with the police.
District Magistrate Ajit Joshi issued the order for security reasons. An official warned of "strict action" if the order was violated.
The central government has directed that all licensed weapons in the National Capital Region -- in Delhi and neighbouring areas -- should be handed over to the police.
The weapons would be returned to the owners after the Commonwealth Games get over in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test