Sonipat recalls licensed weapons
Sonipat (Haryana): In the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Sonipat district administration in Haryana has asked people holding licensed weapons to deposit them with the police.
District Magistrate Ajit Joshi issued the order for security reasons. An official warned of "strict action" if the order was violated.
The central government has directed that all licensed weapons in the National Capital Region -- in Delhi and neighbouring areas -- should be handed over to the police.
The weapons would be returned to the owners after the Commonwealth Games get over in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed