Sonipat recalls licensed weapons
Sonipat (Haryana): In the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Sonipat district administration in Haryana has asked people holding licensed weapons to deposit them with the police.
District Magistrate Ajit Joshi issued the order for security reasons. An official warned of "strict action" if the order was violated.
The central government has directed that all licensed weapons in the National Capital Region -- in Delhi and neighbouring areas -- should be handed over to the police.
The weapons would be returned to the owners after the Commonwealth Games get over in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you