Speeding truck crushes constable to death
Faridabad: A speeding sand dumper killed a 43-year old police constable after breaking through a check post here on Monday.
The incident took place at 3:30 am when the police tried to stop the illegal dumper. However, it crushed constable Mahavir Singh to death.
According to police officials, the truck driver intentionally killed the constable.
"We got the information from the control room that an illegal dumper was on its way. We intercepted the dumper and we installed a check post in order to stop it. However it hit one of our constables intentionally and fled from the scene," Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Darshan Lal Malik said.
Malik added that the truck entered New Delhi and hit another vehicle before the driver abandoned it and fled from the scene of the crime.
"We are investigating the matter and plan to take strict action against the culprits. After hitting our constable he fled towards New Delhi. One of our vehicles chased the dumper and he later hit another van. It was then when we impounded the dumper. However the driver fled from the scene," he said.
Police suspect the involvement of the sand mafia.
Officials added that the killing is being investigated and efforts are on to nab the assailant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened