Speeding truck crushes constable to death
Faridabad: A speeding sand dumper killed a 43-year old police constable after breaking through a check post here on Monday.
The incident took place at 3:30 am when the police tried to stop the illegal dumper. However, it crushed constable Mahavir Singh to death.
According to police officials, the truck driver intentionally killed the constable.
"We got the information from the control room that an illegal dumper was on its way. We intercepted the dumper and we installed a check post in order to stop it. However it hit one of our constables intentionally and fled from the scene," Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Darshan Lal Malik said.
Malik added that the truck entered New Delhi and hit another vehicle before the driver abandoned it and fled from the scene of the crime.
"We are investigating the matter and plan to take strict action against the culprits. After hitting our constable he fled towards New Delhi. One of our vehicles chased the dumper and he later hit another van. It was then when we impounded the dumper. However the driver fled from the scene," he said.
Police suspect the involvement of the sand mafia.
Officials added that the killing is being investigated and efforts are on to nab the assailant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test