Speeding truck crushes constable to death
Faridabad: A speeding sand dumper killed a 43-year old police constable after breaking through a check post here on Monday.
The incident took place at 3:30 am when the police tried to stop the illegal dumper. However, it crushed constable Mahavir Singh to death.
According to police officials, the truck driver intentionally killed the constable.
"We got the information from the control room that an illegal dumper was on its way. We intercepted the dumper and we installed a check post in order to stop it. However it hit one of our constables intentionally and fled from the scene," Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Darshan Lal Malik said.
Malik added that the truck entered New Delhi and hit another vehicle before the driver abandoned it and fled from the scene of the crime.
"We are investigating the matter and plan to take strict action against the culprits. After hitting our constable he fled towards New Delhi. One of our vehicles chased the dumper and he later hit another van. It was then when we impounded the dumper. However the driver fled from the scene," he said.
Police suspect the involvement of the sand mafia.
Officials added that the killing is being investigated and efforts are on to nab the assailant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof