SPS Rathore abused law: CBI
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday said the former
Haryana police chief S P S Rathore, convicted for molesting
teenager Ruchika Girhotra, had misused his position and was
not entitled for any mercy.
Concluding its arguments on the petition filed by the
ex-DGP in the Punjab and Haryana High Court challenging his
conviction, the CBI contended it was a proven case where the
fight was between two unequals.
Rathore was a senior police officer when he molested
Ruchika who was an ordinary girl, CBI counsel Anmol Rattan
Sidhu said in the court.
Rathore misused his official position and, therefore,
he was not entitled for any mercy or probation, he argued.
The CBI and former top cop`s counsel Abha, who is also
the wife of Rathore, had completed their arguments in the case
before Justice Jitendra Chauhan.
On May 25, a local court had awarded 18-month prison
term to Rathore for molesting 14-year-old Ruchika, a budding
A day later, Rathore, lodged in Burail Jail, filed a
revision petition before the Punjab and Haryana High Court
challenging his conviction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed