SPS Rathore abused law: CBI
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday said the former
Haryana police chief S P S Rathore, convicted for molesting
teenager Ruchika Girhotra, had misused his position and was
not entitled for any mercy.
Concluding its arguments on the petition filed by the
ex-DGP in the Punjab and Haryana High Court challenging his
conviction, the CBI contended it was a proven case where the
fight was between two unequals.
Rathore was a senior police officer when he molested
Ruchika who was an ordinary girl, CBI counsel Anmol Rattan
Sidhu said in the court.
Rathore misused his official position and, therefore,
he was not entitled for any mercy or probation, he argued.
The CBI and former top cop`s counsel Abha, who is also
the wife of Rathore, had completed their arguments in the case
before Justice Jitendra Chauhan.
On May 25, a local court had awarded 18-month prison
term to Rathore for molesting 14-year-old Ruchika, a budding
A day later, Rathore, lodged in Burail Jail, filed a
revision petition before the Punjab and Haryana High Court
challenging his conviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!