SPS Rathore abused law: CBI
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday said the former
Haryana police chief S P S Rathore, convicted for molesting
teenager Ruchika Girhotra, had misused his position and was
not entitled for any mercy.
Concluding its arguments on the petition filed by the
ex-DGP in the Punjab and Haryana High Court challenging his
conviction, the CBI contended it was a proven case where the
fight was between two unequals.
Rathore was a senior police officer when he molested
Ruchika who was an ordinary girl, CBI counsel Anmol Rattan
Sidhu said in the court.
Rathore misused his official position and, therefore,
he was not entitled for any mercy or probation, he argued.
The CBI and former top cop`s counsel Abha, who is also
the wife of Rathore, had completed their arguments in the case
before Justice Jitendra Chauhan.
On May 25, a local court had awarded 18-month prison
term to Rathore for molesting 14-year-old Ruchika, a budding
A day later, Rathore, lodged in Burail Jail, filed a
revision petition before the Punjab and Haryana High Court
challenging his conviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre