SPS Rathore abused law: CBI
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday said the former
Haryana police chief S P S Rathore, convicted for molesting
teenager Ruchika Girhotra, had misused his position and was
not entitled for any mercy.
Concluding its arguments on the petition filed by the
ex-DGP in the Punjab and Haryana High Court challenging his
conviction, the CBI contended it was a proven case where the
fight was between two unequals.
Rathore was a senior police officer when he molested
Ruchika who was an ordinary girl, CBI counsel Anmol Rattan
Sidhu said in the court.
Rathore misused his official position and, therefore,
he was not entitled for any mercy or probation, he argued.
The CBI and former top cop`s counsel Abha, who is also
the wife of Rathore, had completed their arguments in the case
before Justice Jitendra Chauhan.
On May 25, a local court had awarded 18-month prison
term to Rathore for molesting 14-year-old Ruchika, a budding
A day later, Rathore, lodged in Burail Jail, filed a
revision petition before the Punjab and Haryana High Court
challenging his conviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you