SPS Rathore again applies for parole
Chandigarh: Former Haryana top cop SPS Rathore, serving 18 month jail term for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra, has again applied for parole citing agriculture operations and failing health as the prime reasons.
68-year-old Rathore, languishing in Burail jail since May end this year, stated in his application that he wants to be released on a 42-day parole to get his agricultural
equipment repaired as his tube well and tractor are lying non functional, sources said here today.
He also mentioned that his son, who also has a stake in his land at Raipurrani in Panchkula district near here, is living in Mumbai and cannot look after his land.
In August this year, Rathore had sought parole on similar grounds, but it was denied by the Panchkula administration.
The UT prison authorities have sought a reply from Panchkula district administration within a week`s time.
Panchkula Deputy Commissioner will go through the parole application after Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) submits his report in this connection, the sources said.
Teenager Ruchika had committed suicide three years after being molested by Rathore, the then IG in 1990.
A long legal battle was fought by Ruchika`s friend Aradhana`s mother Madhu and her husband Anand Parkash seeking justice in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police