SPS Rathore`s case adjourned till Monday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court here on Friday adjourned the hearing on a revision petition
challenging the conviction of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore
in the Ruchika molestation case.
As the case, in which Rathore`s counsel wife Abha had
been putting her contentions for the past few days, came up
for day-to-day hearing, Justice Jitendra Chauhan adjourned the
matter till Monday.
Besides Abha, her lawyer daughter Priyanjali and their
relative Neerja, Anand Parkash, the husband of complainant
Madhu Parkash, and victim`s father SC Girhotra were present in
Abha had on May 26 filed a revision petition in the High
Court on Rathore`s behalf for suspension of sentence and grant
of bail to Rathore, a day after the session`s court here
awarded him 18-month jail term for molesting budding tennis
player Ruchika Girhotra.
68-year-old Rathore has been lodged in the high security
Burail jail since May 25.
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'