SPS Rathore`s case adjourned till Monday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court here on Friday adjourned the hearing on a revision petition
challenging the conviction of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore
in the Ruchika molestation case.
As the case, in which Rathore`s counsel wife Abha had
been putting her contentions for the past few days, came up
for day-to-day hearing, Justice Jitendra Chauhan adjourned the
matter till Monday.
Besides Abha, her lawyer daughter Priyanjali and their
relative Neerja, Anand Parkash, the husband of complainant
Madhu Parkash, and victim`s father SC Girhotra were present in
Abha had on May 26 filed a revision petition in the High
Court on Rathore`s behalf for suspension of sentence and grant
of bail to Rathore, a day after the session`s court here
awarded him 18-month jail term for molesting budding tennis
player Ruchika Girhotra.
68-year-old Rathore has been lodged in the high security
Burail jail since May 25.
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor