SPS Rathore`s case adjourned till Monday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court here on Friday adjourned the hearing on a revision petition
challenging the conviction of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore
in the Ruchika molestation case.
As the case, in which Rathore`s counsel wife Abha had
been putting her contentions for the past few days, came up
for day-to-day hearing, Justice Jitendra Chauhan adjourned the
matter till Monday.
Besides Abha, her lawyer daughter Priyanjali and their
relative Neerja, Anand Parkash, the husband of complainant
Madhu Parkash, and victim`s father SC Girhotra were present in
Abha had on May 26 filed a revision petition in the High
Court on Rathore`s behalf for suspension of sentence and grant
of bail to Rathore, a day after the session`s court here
awarded him 18-month jail term for molesting budding tennis
player Ruchika Girhotra.
68-year-old Rathore has been lodged in the high security
Burail jail since May 25.
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing