Stray violence in second phase of Haryana panchayat polls
Chandigarh: Stray violence was reported from
different places as the second and final phase of panchayat
elections in 12 districts of Haryana was held on Saturday with a
nearly 80 per cent voters` turnout.
There were reports of group clashes at a few booths in
Mewat district which had witnessed largescale violence in the
first phase of panchayat polls held on June 6.
At a group clash in Mewli village in Mewat, miscreants
damaged some EVMs while a firing incident was also reported
but there were no casualties, State Election Commissioner
He said a re-poll is likely be held at five booths in Mewat.
Dharamvir said group clashes were reported also from
Bahri Kalan village in Bhiwani district where re-polling may be
held in 14 booths.
Rival groups clashed at village Ravalo close to Ambala city
between the supporters of two candidates and a case was
registered against eight persons.
The districts were polls were held today included Ambala,
Bhiwani, Fatehabad, Jind, Jhajjar, Kaithal, Kurukshetra,
Mahendergarh at Narnaul, Sirsa, Sonepat, Mewat at Nuh and
5,976 polling stations were set up in which 30,18,531
voters were eligible to exercise their right to elect 1,888
sarpanches, 18,262 panches, 854 panchayat samiti and 234 zila
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling