Street vendors in Haryana to get health insurance
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has extended the benefit of national health insurance scheme to street vendors.
Under the scheme, each family will get reimbursement of medical bills up to Rs 30,000.
"Now street vendors would also be covered under the scheme. The concerned municipal committee or council would identify such families and prepare a list and their smart cards would be prepared by the Health Department," a government spokesperson said.
BPL families were being covered under the scheme. The government has already decided to extend the benefit of the scheme to MNREGA workers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown