Street vendors in Haryana to get health insurance
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has extended the benefit of national health insurance scheme to street vendors.
Under the scheme, each family will get reimbursement of medical bills up to Rs 30,000.
"Now street vendors would also be covered under the scheme. The concerned municipal committee or council would identify such families and prepare a list and their smart cards would be prepared by the Health Department," a government spokesperson said.
BPL families were being covered under the scheme. The government has already decided to extend the benefit of the scheme to MNREGA workers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter