Street vendors in Haryana to get health insurance
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has extended the benefit of national health insurance scheme to street vendors.
Under the scheme, each family will get reimbursement of medical bills up to Rs 30,000.
"Now street vendors would also be covered under the scheme. The concerned municipal committee or council would identify such families and prepare a list and their smart cards would be prepared by the Health Department," a government spokesperson said.
BPL families were being covered under the scheme. The government has already decided to extend the benefit of the scheme to MNREGA workers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92